Start and end times are approximate. After you have created a user ID or signed in under a previous user ID and completed the purchase you will receive an email with the specifics for your day.
STUDENT DISCOUNT: If you are a student, add each day or half day to the cart separately then type “student” as the coupon code at checkout to receive a $10.00 discount for each day.
The 2nd Annual Save Camp Lula Sams Nature Photography Tournament is a fundraising and conservation event created by Images for Conservation Fund and The Valley Land Fund to communicate the great diversity and majesty of wildlife living on the 85.7 acres of the historic Camp Lula Sams in Brownsville, Texas. The Tournament is open to all photographers who would like to participate knowing that their images and fees will help the Save Camp Lula Sams Capital Campaign purchase and protect one of the most biodiverse tracts of habitat in the United States. Securing this land will ultimately insure the preservation of this unique habitat and the protection of its wild inhabitants for future generations.
The Tournament will begin sunrise April 1, 2016 and end at sunset May 31, 2016.
The Tournament is open to all photographers (both professional and amateur) who register, pay the $50* per day entry fee (or $35* per half-day), and reserve their day(s) at Camp Lula Sams. Participating photographers may reserve a maximum of five full-days (or ten half-days). No more than 6 photographers are allowed at the Camp at any one time (with the exception of Kids’ Days or special group events). Access to the camp is strictly limited to between sunrise and sunset (gates will be opened and closed accordingly) unless photographers spend the night. Two cabins are available on the property that can be rented for $100 per night otherwise photography is limited to the time of sunrise to sunset.
How to Register:
1. All registrations will be completed through the Images for Conservation Fund (ICF) Website at imagesforconservation.org.
2. Participants may register and reserve open dates any time until May 25, 2016.
3. Initial registration must include an entry fee of $50.00 for at least 1 full-day (or $35 for 1 half-day). Additional days may be added at any time during the tournament not to exceed 5 full-days (or 10 half-days) in total.
4. A reservation for your day(s) of photography at Camp Lula Sams must be made at time of registration. Any additional days (or half-days) added later must also be registered, paid for, and reserved through imagesforconservation.org.
5. A participant may change a current reserved date for photography if done 5 days or more prior to their current reserved date.
6. Entry fees will not be returned for cancellations.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE: