1st Annual Laguna del Lagarto Lodge Nature Photography Tournament
December 1, 2017 – April 30, 2018
· Immerse yourself in a lush tropical rainforest while creating award-winning images of the flora and fauna at Laguna del Lagarto Lodge in Costa Rica.
· Help preserve an imperiled ecosystem and have the chance to win cash prizes!
· A fundraising and conservation event designed to communicate the great diversity and majesty of wildlife living on the 1,250 acres of virgin tropical rainforest in Northern Costa Rica.
· Open to all photographers who would like to participate knowing that their images and fees will be used to help preserve one of the most biodiverse tracts of habitat in Costa Rica.
· One of the primary purposes of the Tournament is to raise funds for native habitat restoration and reforestation that is necessary due to the damaging effects of Hurricane Otto.
· Tournament Dates: Dec 1, 2017 – April 30, 2018
· Image Submission Deadline: May 20, 2018
· Judging Period: June 1 – June 15, 2018
· Results | Awards: Announce by 1st week of July 2018
How to Enter
· The Tournament is open to all photographers (both professional and amateur) who visit the Laguna del Lagarto Lodge anytime during the Tournament Period (December 1, 2017 thru April 30, 2018).
· All images submitted to the Tournament must have been taken on the Laguna del Lagarto Lodge Property during the official Tournament Period.
· Photographers may enter as many images as they like at a cost of $10 per image and/or a group of 20 images at a reduced cost of $150.
· All registrations will be completed through the ICF Website at www.imagesforconservation.org.
We will have world-class judges! All experienced in the field of nature and wildlife photography:
· Danita Delimont – Founder & CEO, Danita Delimont Stock Photography
· Susan McElhinney – Photo Editor, National Wildlife Federation (Ranger Rick & Ranger Rick, Jr.)
· Mark Godfrey – An independent photographer, multi-media producer and photo management consultant. Former Director of Photography for U. S. News & World Report and The Nature Conservancy.
Main Divisions | Categories
All Images must be composed of wildlife, plants, and/or landscapes found on the Lagarto Lodge Property represented by the following 5 Divisions:
3. Reptiles, Amphibians & Fish
4. Invertebrates such as Insects, Arachnids & Arthropods
5. Landscapes, Plants & Flowers
Special Divisions | Categories
1. Rarest Image
2. Best Cell Phone Image
Main Divisions Prizes
Grand Prize Winner: The Laguna del Lagarto Lodge Nature Photographer of the Year. The Grand Prize winner will be determined based on the best average score for a given portfolio of 20 images or more. For portfolios over 20 images, the average score will be calculated based on each photographer’s highest scoring 20 images.
First, Second & Third Place Winners will also be awarded in each of the 5 Main Divisions based on the highest scoring individual images per category. Prize money will be divided equally among the participants with the same final scores.
Special Division Prize Categories:
Rarest Image: (One) Overall winner will receive $100
Best Cell Phone Image: (One) Overall winner will receive $50
Special Grand Prize:
The Grand Prize Winner Laguna del Lagarto Lodge Nature Photographer of the Year will also receive a free 3-night stay at Laguna del Lagarto Lodge (for two, double occupancy) including meals and photo settings. Does not include airfare, transportation to lodge, beverages, tips, or other incidentals. Dates subject to availability.
· Selected winning images will be featured in a gallery on the ICF website and in various social media outlets.
· Additionally, selected winning images will also be featured in Wildlife Photographic magazine. Wildlife Photographic is a magazine dedicated to wildlife photography and is distributed internationally in Apple’s Newsstand (http://bit.ly/1aKP3qR) and in the Google Play Marketplace (http://bit.ly/1JOhMcW).
· Fine Art Print Exhibition in Costa Rica (location TBD) and at the Laguna del Lagarto Lodge.
For More Information and the complete Tournament Rules
Contact Bill Gozansky, Tournament Director, at email@example.com or John Martin, Tournament Chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.