Martin Refuge is 300 acres of thick South Texas brush located NW of Mission, and is the original home of private nature photography in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. Owned by John and Audrey Martin, who were the force behind the Valley Land Fund Photo Contest and the Images for Conservation Fund, the ranch has been hosting happy photographers since 2003.
On this property, rich with tremendous biodiversity, photographers delight in various birds, mammals and reptiles. Professionally designed photo blinds, each set back from small water holes and close to feeding areas, allow photographers to capture critters as they wander in for refreshments. Several of the blinds are “sunken” underground for photographing at eye level. We are currently able to host up to ten photographers.
- Eight permanent blinds situated for best light
- Spectacular Raptor blind
- Water features and feeders at each location
- Drive to your blind
- Rest and picnic at the rustic “palapa”
- Running water but no electricity on site.
- Wild and primitive, yet five minutes to a convenience store!
- Only 20 minutes from Edinburg or Mission
For your safety and an enhanced photographic experience, your visit includes the services of our Certified Interpretive Guide and award winning photographer, Patty Raney.
Visit us at http://www.martinrefuge.com/index.html